Values are the third foundational element of your business. Without clearly defined values, it would be difficult to run your trades business. As you see, a good set of values will attract the right client, the right staff to your business, and repel those that are not a good fit.
In this third and final installment of the series Taking Aim With Vision, Mission, And Values, Barry shares the process to elicit the values you and your business will uphold. He explains the importance of having values and how it opens you up to opportunities you never would have thought would come your way in the first place.
Check out this insightful episode today.
What’s Discussed In This Episode:
0:00 The Opportunity Assessment
3:28 How vision, mission, and values fit in the ecosystem of business
8:56 Common things that tend to slip without values in place
15:36 Being clear on your values opens opportunities
19:07 The process to elicit values
23:33 Keep, kill, and combine
26:13 Trust what’s coming through, don’t try to get it perfect
28:02 We attract people who identify with our values
29:26 Vision, mission, and values will allow your business to grow far beyond what you can see
About Our Guest
Barry Magliarditi is the founder and director of business coaching juggernaut, The Game Changers. Having built a 7-figure kitchen renovation business in his previous life as a carpenter, Barry has first-hand knowledge of the priorities and pressures of trades business owners. Today Barry brings his coaching expertise and business know-how to help other tradies build the business – and lifestyle – of their dreams.
- The Opportunity Assessment (FREE GIVEAWAY FOR A LIMITED TIME) https://tradie.wiki/grow
- Join a global community of 6000+ trade professionals https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSiteShed
- Visit Barry’s website to learn more about what he offers https://tradiebusinessschool.com/
- Check out the Tradie Business School Podcast https://tradiebusinessschool.com/podcast/
- Listen to the previous podcast episodes with Barry Magliarditi
- Check out Dailybot (Give positive feedback while aligning your goals with team values) https://www.dailybot.com/product/kudos
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Get the free downloadable PDF of Barry’s book Path to Freedom https://www.pathtofreedom.com.au/freebook
- Traction by Gino Wickman https://amzn.to/3rkX6Z1
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: