Many trades business owners make the mistake of not taking the time to build the foundation of their business and yet seek progress. Progress, however, is only possible when you have created a solid foundation for your business. This foundation is composed of three elements, the vision statement, being fundamental to everything.
This topic is the focus of today’s conversation with Barry Magliarditi of Tradie Business School. He shares why it is important to have a vision in place. He also talks about the ways trades business owners can start creating their vision statement. Barry also imparts why the focus should not be on perfecting your vision statement, but in progress.
If you’re someone who wants to build a solid foundation for your trades business. This episode is something you need to tune into today.
What’s Discussed In This Episode:
0:00 The Opportunity Assessment
1:54 Welcome back, Barry!
4:07 Barry shares about his businesses and coaching programs
6:16 What Barry believes should be a business owner’s first goal
8:35 Three things to have to create a sustainable business
13:00 Make progress by doing the right things in the first place
13:26 Vision is fundamental of everything
14:32 Three reasons we want to have a vision in place
16:48 Process of creating a vision
18:41 Three things to avoid when creating a vision
22:02 The vision has to start with you
25:10 Drawing the line between business and personal vision
27:19 What would you like?
27:38 What would you want?
28:33 If you had that, what would that do for you?
33:11 The vision statement is not something material
35:42 The focus needs to be on progress, not perfection
About Our Guest
Barry Magliarditi is the founder and director of business coaching juggernaut, The Game Changers. Having built a 7-figure kitchen renovation business in his previous life as a carpenter, Barry has first-hand knowledge of the priorities and pressures of trades business owners. Today Barry brings his coaching expertise and business know-how to help other tradies build the business – and lifestyle – of their dreams.
- The Opportunity Assessment (FREE GIVEAWAY FOR A LIMITED TIME) https://tradie.wiki/grow
- Join a global community of 6000+ trade professionals https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSiteShed
- Visit Barry’s website to learn more about what he offers https://tradiebusinessschool.com/
- Check out the Tradie Business School Podcast https://tradiebusinessschool.com/podcast/
- Listen to the previous podcast episode with Barry Magliarditi https://www.thesiteshed.com/barry-magliarditi
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Get the free downloadable PDF of Barry’s book Path to Freedom https://www.pathtofreedom.com.au/freebook
- Traction by Gino Wickman https://amzn.to/3rkX6Z1
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: