Crisis breeds opportunity, that’s what I say again and again. Businesses have been put in a tight spot due to this pandemic but it doesn’t mean that it’s the end. Choose change and start the work of reinventing your business to cater to what your customers need the most nowadays. Instead of worrying, focus on adapting. In the current business climate, we have two options, we either adapt or die!
In this week’s episode, I talk with Nils Vesk of Ideas with Legs. We talk about how businesses should grab the opportunity to redesign and re-evaluate their processes to suit the environment we are in. Nils also shares the importance of reinventing from a customer’s perspective and how to leverage on what you are currently doing, and a lot more.
I believe that this topic is becoming more relevant now and so I encourage you to tune in to this episode.
- Come and visit my website at (https://www.thesiteshed.com/)
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.thesiteshed.com/podcasts/)
- Tradie Web Guys (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/apply)
- Ideas with Legs (www.ideaswithlegs.com)
- Contact Nils Vesk through email (email@example.com)
- The Site Shed Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSiteShed)
- Innovate Your Business Series
- Innovative Thinking
What’s Discussed In This Episode:
- How the playing field is leveled for businesses now [5:45]
- Why those who adapt, survive (not just the fittest) [6:15]
- The four different areas of business [8:00]
- Processes as a crucial key to your business [8:22]
- Adapting quality processes to address issues in present crisis [9:33]
- Examples of quality processes [10:56]
- Reinventing from the customer’s perspective [14:10]
- Testing what works [18:30]
- Willingness, winnable, workable [20:26]
- Applying split testing to interactions and experiences [22:05]
- The importance of documenting processes [23:29]
- The tactical, technical, financial gauge [24:21]
- Deciding what to focus on [25:03]
- What we must do, what we should do, what we could do [25:09]
- Thinking of alternatives or substitutions [25:47]
- Sharing expertise [27:09, 34:17]
- Helping other businesses [28:12]
- Leverage on what you’re currently doing [29:12]
- Reconnecting with old clients first before reinvention [31:00]
- Why people are resistant to change [37:22]
- Creating trust and inspiration [39:00]
- Utilising news for your own good [45:08]
- SCRAMBLE Acronym [47:47]
About Our Guest
Nils Vesk is an international authority on innovation and the inventor of the ‘Innovation Archetypes Process’. He unpacks the million-dollar innovation principles used to create rapid growth for the future. An author of a number of books including “Ideas With Legs – How to Create Brilliant Ideas and Bring Them to Life”, and “Innovation Archetypes – Principles for World Class Innovation”.
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: