Sports and business are alike in so many ways. A lot of analogies are formed between the two because of it. For instance, sports teams require a clear vision, mission, goals, and strategies among others if they want success and that is the same way with businesses that we build and manage. But even with all their similarities, they differ in the way they are hitting their goals as most businesses, if not all, are struggling with producing the results they want.
In today’s episode, Jeremy Macliver and I delve into where the difference lies, and what can be done about it .We also talk about Jeremy’s professional experience and what his business offers to entrepreneurs, specifically tradies. Then, we tackle and point-out the similarities of a sports and business team and how each element builds upon the other towards success. Jeremy also points out how critical it is to define your measure of success.
Understand your business more through the language of sports by listening to this podcast episode now!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- Jeremy’s professional background [02:49]
- What Guaranteed Traction offers [06:12]
- Learning from experiences and struggles [07:59]
- Take action [10:44]
- Get the right people in your corner [11:29]
- Guaranteed Traction is client-focused [15:17]
- Importance of having the right mindset [16:23]
- Similarities between sports teams and businesses [19:04]
- Define what winning is at the biggest level [22:59]
- Break down goals into achievable chunks [24:11]
- Build and train your team [26:16]
- Aligning business values and attitudes [28:42]
- The advantage of having a coach [31:32]
- Assign right people for the right positions [33:56]
- Give attention to the middle of your goal-achieving process [37:17]
About the Guest:
Jeremy Macliver is a certified EOS implementer, serial entrepreneur, and speaker who is passionate about helping business owners get what they want from their business. Under his wing, multiple businesses flourished in high growth phases in different industries, such as construction, automotive, and service. Now, Jeremy focuses on sharing his insights and lessons to leadership teams to reignite their passion and to guide them through the process of building long-lasting organizations that are accountable to their vision.
- Come and visit my website at (https://www.thesiteshed.com/)
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.thesiteshed.com/podcasts/)
- Tradie Web Guys (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/apply)
- Guaranteed Traction Website (www.GuaranteedTraction.com)
- Reach Jeremy through email ([email protected])
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: