It is not too difficult to see what impact the coronavirus crisis has on businesses. Unemployment is at an all-time high now and it seems like everyone is just doing what they can to survive. But how are companies holding up as of the moment especially in the trades? Ever wondered how you are stacking up against other trade companies?
In today’s podcast episode, Michael Steckler, CEO of Tradify talks about the Tradify Pulse Report. Michael expounds the reason behind the status report, and what are the key takeaways and recommendations from the report that are especially useful for tradies who need to keep up with the demands of the current situation. We discuss how this pandemic highlighted the needed shift from traditional means to digital to make things easier.
If you are still sticking to your pen and paper techniques, this episode will surely make you seriously consider a shift to using the digital methods.
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- Conducting customers’ status report [04:39]
- Effects of COVID among businesses [07:11]
- The report as an outline for the industry moving forward [08:32]
- How the pandemic affected the tradies’ workload [10:05]
- Key takeaways from the report [12:10]
- Making money isn’t always the purpose [13:58]
- Shift from traditional to digital [14:48]
- The effects of proper planning [16:58]
- Digital technology and online portfolios [19:54]
- A software is as good as the information it gets [22:08]
- Give emphasis on customer support [22:46]
- The revolution of software as service businesses [24:16]
- Revelations from satisfied software users [25:40]
- Recommendations based on the report’s results [26:57]
- Softwares makes transactions easier [29:12]
- Be open to learning new technologies [35:16]
- Communicate better through SAAS [36:37]
- The next steps for Michael [38:53]
About the Guest:
Michael Steckler is the CEO of Tradify, which is a job management software app made especially for tradies. Tradify is an application that helps tradespeople manage and grow their business, especially when it comes to managing their finances. This software has helped tradies shorten their time working on administrative tasks and focus more on enjoying their lives outside work.
- Come and visit my website at (https://www.thesiteshed.com/)
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.thesiteshed.com/podcasts/)
- Tradie Web Guys (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/apply)
- Tradify website (http://www.tradifyhq.com/)
- Check the Tradify Pulse Report (https://www.tradifyhq.com/reports/thepulse)
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: