The amount of effort placed in hiring good people into your team is enormous. Because of that, employers should be keen to create a great work environment for their staff. Getting feedback on how they feel about working with you is imperative to make the changes that will ensure happy staff, translating into productivity and profitability in your trades business.
This episode is part two of the series: Planning, Attracting And Keeping Amazing Staff. Tony Fraser-Jones and I dive deep into this exciting topic. Tony explains the Net Promoter Score and how you can use it to gauge if your staff are happy working with you. He also gives tips on the frequency of using this tool and how you can roll this out to your team.
Learn more about how you can make your staff happy and how to use the NPS in today’s episode.
What’s Discussed In This Episode:
0:00 The Opportunity Assessment
2:36 What the NPS is
4:31 Growing and scaling your business requires good people
5:26 Is your team enjoying where they’re working?
6:19 How often should you do the NPS?
6:48 Receiving feedback
8:48 Preparedness to make quick and significant changes
9:21 Extreme ownership – the key to success
10:15 Get honest feedback, not just great feedback
11:14 Build a team first, market for team members, make the workplace fantastic for your team
12:45 Rolling out the NPS to your team
About Our Guest
Tony Fraser-Jones is the founder and managing director of Profitable Tradie. Over the last eight years, Profitable Tradie has worked with over 254 businesses and specialised in helping plumbers, electricians, and other tradespeople make more profit and create freedom from their business.
- The Opportunity Assessment (FREE GIVEAWAY FOR A LIMITED TIME) https://tradie.wiki/grow
- Join our global community of 6000+ trade professionals https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSiteShed
- Check out the Profitable Tradie website https://www.profitabletradie.com/
- Listen to Part 1 of this series: How to Forecast Your Team Building https://www.thesiteshed.com/tony-1
Books mentioned in this episode:
- The Profitable Tradie by Tony Fraser-Jones https://go.profitabletradie.com/site-shed-book49545836
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Ownership-U-S-Navy-SEALs/dp/1250067057
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: