Running a business isn’t about rolling up your sleeves and doing things on your own. Sure, it may be fulfilling to achieve success after you’ve worked hard for everything, but to what extent?
In this episode, Tom Martin of Virtual Trade Assistant and I will cover the importance of outsourcing in facilitating business growth. We will also help you understand when and what you should outsource in your business. Plus, we will discuss the steps you need to take and the variables you need to look into before hiring a virtual assistant.
All of these topics and a lot more in this episode. Tune in now!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
0:00 The Elevation Program and Introduction
05:14 How Tom got through the virtual trading system
08:02 What is outsourcing?
15:24 Understanding which parts of your business you should outsource
19:24 Creating a system for your business
22:27 How to get people outsourcing the right things at the right time
26:11 The importance of documenting processes
29:46 Steps in hiring the right outsourcing members
34:24 Factors to consider before hiring a virtual assistant
37:43 Benefits of working with a virtual assistant
About the Guest:
In 2016, Tom Martin became the director of Virtual Trade Assistant in Australia. The company’s primary goal is to assist small business owners in managing their operations on a day-to-day basis. Moreover, Tom Martin is also the owner of Water Tight Canberra and is a licensed plumber. With all the experiences he had in running Water Tight Canberra since 2010, Tom can attest how essential it is to outsource talents in keeping your business’ operations smooth and organized.
- Tradie Web Guys ‘automation’ – (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/automation/)
- Tradie Web Guys Elevation Program – (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/elevation/)
- Tradie Web Guys’ Apply (qualification) page (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/apply/)
- The Site Shed (https://www.thesiteshed.com/)
- Virtual Trade Assistant (https://virtualtradeassistant.com.au/)
- Listen to a previous episode we had with Tom Martin – TSS 230: How to become a national award-winning trade business (https://www.thesiteshed.com/blog/tom-martin/)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Systemology by David Jenyns (https://amzn.to/34kxRMT)
- The E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber (https://www.amazon.com/Myth-Most-Businesses-Dont-About/dp/0887303625)
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: