THE WORLDS MOST AWESOME BUSINESS WORKSHOP
JUST GOT EVEN AWESOMER…
NOTE: WE CAN ONLY TAKE 12 PEOPLE. FIRST IN, BEST DRESSED.
SPOTS WILL GO VERY QUICKLY
ABOUT TO DO
ABOUT THE SITE SHED’S LEARN ‘N’ TRAVEL PROGRAM
While on a weekend ski trip in Australia a few years back, Matt and a couple of his builder friends started talking about how good it would be if it was possible to travel to some of the worlds top ski and surf locations, but do it as a business expense.
As a former plumber, Matt totally understood the frustration of running a business that’s tied to a location. Of course, there are lots of positives also, however one thing that is quite restricted is the ability to travel.
I know how hard it is to get away when you’re a business owner. Business commitments, family and life in general get in the way. Not to mention the guilt of not spending that time and money in a way that benefits your business.
I developed this program as a way for tradies and contractors to have their cake and eat it.
You can now travel to world class locations, with an awesome group of like minded people, while also learning and applying skills that will help you grow your business.
Who wouldn’t want to do that?
– Matt Jones
WHO’S IT FOR?
Primarily, this event is for people that work in a trade business (like plumbing, building, electrical, etc). You’ll probably be either the business owner, a manager, in the marketing department, or someone within an organisation that is looking to advance their skills for the benefit of the company they work for.
You’d probably enjoy travel and in this instance, as we’re going to the Maldives, you’ll probably enjoy water-related sports like swimming, surfing, snorkelling, etc.
We’ll be on a kick-ass boat for seven nights…so you’ll probably want to be okay with boats.
If you enjoy meeting new people, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to network and collaborate with people just like yourselves from lots of different locations and markets. You’ll meet Australians, New Zealanders, North American’s and people from all types of locations and backgrounds.
You’ll enjoy relaxing, being cooked for and probably a few cold beers after a long day charging perfect waves 😉
You’ll be the type that likes to learn and improve. Much of what we’ll be teaching will be new to you, so you’ll need to have an open mind and go in with a ‘teach me new things’.
You’ll need to be comfortable with stepping away from the business for a few days. Sure you’ll be able to connect to the internet and cellular phones will work, however you’ll be in a different timezone.
If that kind of sounds like you, then you’re in the right place.
WHY WOULD YOU COME?
- This is an amazing opportunity to attend a tax-deductible business workshop in one of the worlds greatest surf locations.
- You’ll be learning new skills that can help you advance your business.
- You’ll be networking with like-minded people from both in your market and in others. That means there’s potential to do business.
- You’ll get to experience a trip that very few people in the world ever get the chance to experience.
- You’ll get to surf some of the most perfect waves on the planet.
- You’ll get to tick every man’s dream of doing a surf trip on a boat.
- You’ll get to experience an amazing culture.
CHECK OUT THE LAST ONE
HERE’S A HIGHLIGHT REEL FROM SKI AND LEARN 2016 IN WANAKA. THERE’LL BE ANOTHER ONE COMING WOON AS SKI AND LEARN 2018 IN JAPAN IS HAPPENING IN FEBRUARY/MARCH 2018
Haira is a Saltwater favourite. Sleek, fast and exceptionally experienced in Maldives surfing. Haira travels to a flexible schedule based on our ongoing assessments of surf forecasts. There is a great chef on board who will cater to special food requests whenever possible. With the unique direction of Saltwater Surf Travel, The Haira will have you on the spot in style.
100ft in length, this vessel was designed with a focus on guest comfort and enjoyment. There is a spacious restaurant, bar & lounge. This area is equipped with an entertainment system – including large flat screen TV, DVD player with connection for your iPod/iPhone.
The seven roomy and individually air conditioned guest cabins are all equipped with adjoining ensuite bathrooms.
Haira is a four level vessel. The restaurant, bar and galley are on the second level. This level is fully air conditioned with glass windows all round for uninterrupted views. Level three is a great chill zone with a karaoke bar and cane lounge chairs on the sunset deck. The level four rooftop is equipped with comfortable deck chairs for relaxation. In total there are five sundeck areas on Haira.
Recently re-fitted, Haira will cater to all the needs of a crew of surfers on their Maldives surf escape.
NOTE: WE’RE ONLY TAKING 12 PEOPLE. FIRST IN, BEST DRESSED.
- Built: January 2007 Re-fitted 2013
- Length overall: 28M
- Hull Type: Wood
- Beam: 60 M
- Draft: 60 M
- Main Engine: 350 HP CUMMINS Marine Engine
- Cruising Speed: 12 knots
- Power supply: 24hrs 220volt/50Hz A/C, 2 sets KOHLER sound proof generators (combined 63 KW)
- Water supply: Aqua Tec Desalination Plant 6000 Lts storage tank 4000 Lts, hot water system
- Safety Equipment: First Aid Kit, Fire extinguishers, Life Jackets
- Nautical Equipment: radio set. VHF, GPS,
- Decks: large top sun deck – deck chairs available. Open terrace deck (2ndlevel) Seats on 2nd level deck are sun/rain protected.
- Saloon: Spacious salon with LCD 40” TV, Hi-Fi System, DVD player
- Cabins: 7 comfortable, air-conditioned double/twin cabins, each with port holes. All cabins with en-suite shower, hot and cold water and toilet.
- Accommodation: Lower deck – 4 cabins with a double bed and a single bunk in each cabin, 2 cabins with 2 single bunks in each cabin and 1 cabin with a double bed. Upper deck – 1 guide cabin with a double bed.
- Total capacity: 20persons in 08cabins
- Kitchen: Table top cookers, 02 Freezers / 02 Refrigerators. Full board (3 meals a day) consisting of a balanced mixture of international and local cuisines served buffet style. Complimentary tea, coffee & mineral water served all day.
- Bar: The saloon bar offers a wide choice of fresh fruit juice, soft drinks, cocktails, liquor, wine and beer.
- Crew: 7 crew members including Skipper & Chef
- Airport Meet & Greet
- Airport return transfers to surf charter vessel
- Specialised surf guiding and forecasting based on Saltwater insight and experience
- Unlimited surf transfers
- Photography package
- Snorkelling and fishing trips
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily
- 1.5 lt Bottle of water per person per day
- Excursions to local islands
- Complimentary Tea/Coffee
- 12% Maldivian G.S.T. and Green Taxes
- The Dhoni support boat and dinghy, which provides the ultimate flexibility, with the ability to split groups between different breaks. Also, the Dhoni can leave super early for dawn sessions and stay late for sunset surfs, while the main boat remains safely on the night moring.
The Dhoni can also be used for fishing, snorkelling and day trips.
- Fishing. There is some gear on board, however some guests like to bring their own.
- Expert surf guide. Our guides are very knowledgeable, with years of experience. They’ll take you to the best spots, with the least crowded waves. The boat is fully equipped with surf forecasting tools and tech.
Haira provides a comfortable, spacious and fast travel between the atolls. The level of food and service is very good and the crew is very used to working with groups.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Alcohol (you can buy it on the boat)
- Tips to crew (usually $10/day/passenger)
- Total – $3,000
- Deposit – $1,500
- Balance due – May 2018
SECURE YOUR SPOT NOW!
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO BE LEARNING
- How to re-engage your existing customers and keep them coming back
- How to increase your sales, with no extra budget
- How to automate your business….so you can come on more of these EPIC trips!
Here is a presentation that runs through some of the things we’ll be covering.
ABOUT THE MALDIVES
The Maldives Surfing Story
The Maldives surfing story started with the chance shipwrecking of an Australian adventurer in the early 1970’s. A well guarded secret for nearly 15 years, eventually the treasures of these atolls were beginning to be enjoyed by travelling surfers and locals alike.
Whilst there are many well-known breaks, hidden gems remain for those with the local knowledge and understanding of these complex atolls.
The Maldives has a bit of everything – long playful walls, hot dogging waves to barrelling runners. The lips tend to be less thick and the reefs less gnarly than many other tropical surfing destinations, meaning less serious injuries.
Generally touted as less intense than say Fiji or Indonesia, Maldives waves can still pack a punch. Amazing options abound for all levels of surfer. We don’t detail all the well known spots – there is plenty of info on these available – it is the lesser known setups that can make the real difference.
Maldives Surfing Zones
The Maldives atolls are generally separated into 3 distinct surfing zones. Each fires up under specific conditions, favours particular weather patterns and performs according to specific seasonal differences.
In order to get the best out of your Maldives surf charter, a vessel with a knowledgeable locally experienced guide and crew is the key. There is so much at play with local weather and tidal patterns – so much more than can be determined by merely checking an online surf forecast.
PHOTO GALLERY OF THE MALDIVES
WHERE IS THE MALDIVES?
ON THE PLANET
SECURE YOUR SPOT NOW!
SEE WHAT NICK SAID ABOUT LEARN’N’TRAVEL
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need to be a business owner?
Can I bring a friend/colleague?
Absolutely. If you want to bring your team, or if you want to get a group together, got for it. There was a group of friends from Melbourne at the last one in New Zealand.
Do I have to be a good surfer?
You don’t need to surf at all to enjoy this trip. You’ll be cruising around a tropical atoll on a luxury yacht, so you can do whatever you like if you’re not a surfer.
Do I need to surf, or can I hang out?
You don’t have to surf if you don’t want to. Realistically, there’s only so much paddling one can do anyway, so don’t feel like you need to be in the water around the clock.
Can I bring members of my team?
Absolutely. You can bring whoever you like…provided there are enough tickets.
Can I bring my spouse?
Sure. I dare say a few of the attendees will be using this trip as a perfect excuse to take the Mrs away. Why not get in the good books?
What's the deal with flights?
Flights normally go through Singapore or Malaysia. You’ll get more info on that as we get closer to the date.
Are the deposits refundable?
The deposits will be going directly to reserve the boat and the crew, so if you pull out, you’ll only get it back if someone fills your spot.