Strategic Planning, done simply with Danny from BT Academy
Series: Scaling your business from ‘$500k to $5 million’
Guest: Danny Kerr from BT Academy
It’s no surprise that BT Academy is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. As you’ll soon find out, Danny is a friggin business guru. Over the last couple of years, Danny and I have spoken on many occasions and every time, I’m blown away by how awesome he and his business is. If you’re a tradie or contractor, you simply MUST get in BT Academy’s space.
…And lucky for you, you have that option at the bottom of this page.
Danny has been on The Site Shed before for the series titled, The top 3 mistake growing trade businesses make. Go check them out if you want to hear more episodes with him.
- Here is the link to episode one – Attracting the right talent.
- Here’s the link to spidoe two – Lack of focus on Gross Profit Margin
- Here’s the link to part three – Wrong Prioritisation of time
Here’s a bit of a spiel on BT Academy:
Based out of British Colombia, Canada, BT Academy exists to teach businesses how to create a sustainable business structure, using the principles of a franchise model.
Franchises depend heavily on systems and processes, which serves as the fundamental lynch-pin in a franchises ability to operate out of multiple locations while delivering a consistent product/service.
My co-host in this series, Danny Kerr, has a background in franchising. A few years ago, he decided it would be a good idea to educate trade business owners how they can create similar frameworks in their own businesses.
As a result, BT Academy was born and they now help hundreds of organisations, right across Canada and the United States take their businesses to a level that is systemised, profitable and independent of any one person (in most cases the business owner).
In this series, we’ll be talking about how to scale your trade business from $500k to $5 mill. Here are the episodes:
- TSS195 – Building Your One-Page Strategic Plan
- TSS196 – Structuring Your Company for Maximum Productivity
- TSS197 – How to Generate Rockstar Employee Applications
- TSS198 – Maximizing Gross Profit in Your Business
If you’re interested in the topic of ‘strategic planning’, check these out:
- When is the right time to expand? – Al Levi & Ellen Rohr
- 2019 Productivity Framework – Matt Jones
- The 1 Page Marketing Plan – Allan Dib
- Productivity. Be a master of it, not a slave to it – Rob Kropp
- Beginning with the end in mind – Ed Plant
- Creating a game plan in your business – Tom Reber
Building Your One-Page Strategic Plan, with Danny Kerr
- 01:35 – Recap on Danny’s previous appearances on The Site Shed
- 05:20 – Being busy with what matters
- 10:25 – Keep it simple
- 12:18 – SMARTY goal setting
- 18:42 – Creating initiatives
- 22:15 – Making goals attainable
When it comes to planning, in pretty much every scenario, simple is better. I believe the ‘strategic’ part of a ‘strategic plan’ is simplicity.
Danny and the team at BT Academy work with hundreds of trade companies right across North America and in order to get results, things need to be simple.
In this podcast, Danny (as always) goes above and beyond in explaining how and why they train their clients to use the ‘one-page strategic plan’ that they have developed. AND, to top it off, he’s also left behind the same framework that they use for their clients.
AND, as if things could get any better, he’s also made some time in his calendar to personally run you through it. OMG! Winning everywhere.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please take 5 to leave us a review:
No joke, Danny has left behind FOR YOU the most amazing templates, frameworks and business tools, you’ll likely ever get your hands on.
There’s cut and paste templates for hiring and job posting, there are how to videos to follow and there’s even an absolutely incredible figure tracking spreadsheet that took Danny and his team over 50 hours to create…and a video on how to use it. Amazing!
He’s also made some time in his crazy busy calendar for you to have a chat with him and his team, so you can learn how to apply those documents directly into your business. Again, for FREE.
They’ve also got loads more awesome things that they’ll be sending you, so fill in the form, grab your stuff and claim your calendar spot right now!