Do you want to stand out from the growing number of competitors in the trade industry?
One effective way to know your customers better is to put yourself in their shoes. When you identify
their misconceptions and ask the right questions, you can reinvent your processes. This can play out
well in getting you the results you want.
Nils Vesk – the inventor of the ‘Innovation Archetypes Process’ — educates us about the application of strategic thinking in our marketing strategies. Nils focuses on how we can be more customer-centric,
from identifying their common misconceptions to matching their values- and how we can make that a part of our process to drive more sales.
So sit back, relax, and allow us to take you for a ride that can change the course of your business. Let’s get on with it!
What’s Discussed In This Episode:
0:00 Opportunity Analysis
1:54 Welcome to the podcast
3:54 Nils talks about their checklist and how it can drive great sales results
4:43 The Mindset Process & Strategic Thinking
5:13 Why a customer-centric approach is important
6:07 Understanding your customer & reinventing results
8:01 The harsh reality in spending too much on ads
9:19 Why do we invest heavily in marketing tactics but not in strategy?
10:13 The “Insight Ladder”
14:15 Educating the customer about your processes around certain situations
14:41 Understanding that customers want security
15:19 Putting yourself in the customer’s shoes
16:56 Why automation should be a part of your process
20:39 Knowing your customer’s priorities helps you match your services with their values
23:30 The 1 question that can add 30% to your sales
26:09 Why people buy based on emotional decisions
31:32 The three types of questions to include in your process
37:17 Why you should communicate to people on their level
39:14 Understanding what your customer is thinking
40:16 “What’s your biggest fear?”
41:19 The 8 components to design your process around
42:31 Reinvent your business around this acronym: SCRAMBLE
45:51 Applying innovation in key areas of your business
46:53 What to expect in the next episode
About The Guest:
Nils Vesk is an international authority on innovation and the inventor of the ‘Innovation Archetypes Process’. He unpacks the million-dollar innovation principles used to create rapid growth for the future. An author of a number of books including “Ideas With Legs – How to Create Brilliant Ideas and Bring Them to Life”, and “Innovation Archetypes – Principles for World Class Innovation”.
- The Opportunity Assessment (FREE GIVEAWAY FOR A LIMITED TIME)
- Go to https://tradie.wiki/grow and use the code: SITESHED
- Join a global community of 6000+ trade professionals https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSiteShed
- Visit Nils’ business website (https://www.ideaswithlegs.com)
- Download the Essential Business Reinvention Checklist (https://www.ideaswithlegs.com/reinvention-check)
- Listen to our previous podcast episodes with Nils Vesk:
- Using Innovation to Grow Your Business (https://www.thesiteshed.com/blog/using-innovation-to-grow-your-business/)
- Creating Innovative Business Models And Processes (https://www.thesiteshed.com/blog/creating-innovative-business-models-and-processes/)
- Creating An Innovative Customer Experience (https://www.thesiteshed.com/blog/creating-an-innovative-customer-experience/)
- Innovative Thinking – Part One (https://www.thesiteshed.com/blog/innovative-1)
- Innovative Thinking – Part Two (https://www.thesiteshed.com/blog/innovative-2)
- Adapt or Die. It’s Time to Reinvent (https://www.thesiteshed.com/blog/reinvent/)
Books Mentioned in This Episode:
- The Reinvention Sprint by Nils Vesk (https://amzn.to/3ij98yH)
- Ideas with Legs by Nils Vesk (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21733903-ideas-with-legs)
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: