How to Build a Successful Business in a Small Town
Guest: Kristin Keogh of Keogh Plumbing Services
People are always up to try out something new. They could be willing to move from a big city to a small and unknown town to achieve their goals and aspirations. But with change comes fear. Can you risk beginning from scratch?
In today’s episode, we talk with Kristin Keogh, who has been applying the small business mindset to his business. Like you, he began his business with nothing. But his goals and aspirations kept him going.
If you are looking for new strategies to improve or build your business in a small town, then make sure to tune in to the show. From customer care, communications, networking, and building rapport, Kristin and I got you covered!
If you want to listen to episodes related to networking on businesses, check out the following:
- TSS 116 – Knowing Your Customer – [LINK]
- TSS 143 – Dominating Customer Service – [LINK]
- TSS 218 – Using Data To Create An Amazing Customer Experience – [LINK]
About this podcast, ‘How to Build a Successful Business in a Small Town’
- 05:36 – The power of testimonials
- 07:30 – The importance of having a follow-up process
- 09:42 – The power of content
- 12:33 – Refining your means to accommodate your customers’ needs
- 13:34 – Substituting time for money
- 16:35 – The impact of having a small business mentality
- 19:00 – Knowing what your business can best offer
- 21:55 – Understanding your business from within
- 23:40 – The importance of liability
- 27:07 – The effect of courage
- 28:22 – Where actively learning can take you
- 31:24 – Creating your destiny
This episode talks about customer engagement strategies that you can use to increase your profit. It also explains the power of applying a small business mentality to make your company grow. Additionally, knowing and understanding your company from within and developing a step-by-step process that you can sustain were also tackled in this podcast. I hope that you learned a lot from this episode, and I wish nothing but the best for you and your business.
About Our Guest
Kristin Keogh is a plumber who relocated from Sydney to a small town on the New South Wales coast. He now leads Keogh Plumbing Services, a team of dedicated, experienced, and licensed plumbers providing excellent service in the cities of New South Wales. From providing gas fitting services, household plumbing, fixing drainage problems, and septic systems, Kristin and his team aim to deliver reliability, professionalism, innovation, and environmental solutions to all their customers.
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: