When you set a goal for your company, most of the time, you’d like to charge into it right away without pause. Achieving it in the timeline that you’ve set only sounds natural. However, by charging into it without a real strategy, you’re only setting yourself up for failure. So how do you ensure that you and your team can efficiently work together to achieve those goals?
In Part 3 of the ‘Strategic Planning for Business Success’ mini-series, Kim Archer from BDR—a company that provides training and coaching services to the HVAC industry—joins us once more to talk about how to keep you and your team accountable for achieving your daily goals to set your company up for success. We will also learn the significance of having an accountability partner in making sure that those goals are met and why it’s important to celebrate when you meet those goals.
Efficiently measure results and start hitting your goals by tuning in to this episode now!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- Why companies fall over when it comes to accountability [04:17]
- The difference between a dream and a goal is writing it down [05:10]
- Strategy and discipline go together in achieving your goals [05:54]
- Having an accountability partner makes you a better leader [06:30]
- Taking time in hitting your goals is okay [07:37]
- Staying focused on your gifts can help you get your goals faster [08:24]
- Know how to celebrate when you hit your goals [09:59]
- Involve your team in keeping accountability [10:38]
- The frequency of which your team needs to revisit your goals [11:31]
- How team accountability plays into measuring results [12:29]
- How to better deal with rank-and-file team members [19:10]
- The essence of organisational chart in handling your staff [20:24]
- Love your team [21:01]
- Finding out what results to measure [21:40]
- Why upselling is essential [22:59]
- How to keep accountability in small businesses [24:51]
About Our Guest:
Kim Archer is the lead trainer for BDR’s financial courses, Accounting & Office Management and QuickBooks for the HVAC Contractor. She also serves as BDR’s Vice President for Dealer Coaching and is the architect of BDR’s Profit Launch business planning workshops.
- Come and visit my website at (https://www.thesiteshed.com/)
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.thesiteshed.com/podcasts/)
- Tradie Web Guys (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/apply)
- Visit the Business Development Resources website (https://www.bdrco.com/)
- Check other episodes in this series Strategic Planning Done Right with Edward Plant
- Listen to Part 1 and 2 of this series Strategic Planning For Business Success
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: