How up to speed are you with IP Law?
- Guest – Anthony Verna
- From – Verna Law
- Podcast – The Law and Business Podcast
- IG – @vernalawpc
Here are some other similar podcasts you might like if this one tickles your fancy.
- 04:39 – Legal jurisdiction
- 06:07 – The worldwide patent myth
- 06:49 – What is a patent
- 07:20 – What is a trademark
- 08:04 – What is copyright
- 12:00 – A practical example
- 18:01 – Doing patent research
- 28:00 – Trading names
- 35:12 – Domain names
- 37:02 – The process of protecting IP
SURF & LEARN 2019
AUGUST 7 – 17
Limited spots. Don’t miss the boat!
About this podcast, titled; ‘Trademarks, Copyright and Patents. Understanding Intellectual Property Law’.
The topic of IP Law can be quite a confusing subject. There are so many rabbit warrens that we can be led down in the space of IP (or Intellectual Property) legalities, so I set out in this podcast to dispel some of the myths and to bring some relatable clarity to some of the common areas.
Those areas being; patents, trademarks and copyright.
My guest on the podcast is IP Law expert, Anthony Verna from Vrna Law. Anthony did a great job of breaking down different areas of IP Law and making them apply to a trade/construction business.
IP protection is a big deal and there are things that we can do, to make sure that our businesses and our assets are safe and protected. During this podcast, I learned the following:
- Patents are there to protect ideas and inventions
- Trademarks protect brands as an asset
- Copyright protects logos, slogans, colours and even shapes.
It was a really interesting conversation. One that I’m sure you’ll learn a lot from and one that I hope will one day protect you from getting into trouble.
Anthony has left behind this handy ‘IP Law Checklist’ for you to download.