Part Three – Everything You Need to Know About Insurance Panel Discussion
Series: Everything You Need to Know About Insurance
With so many options and types of insurance policies, it can be challenging to identify what is relevant for your situation. It can feel overwhelming if you’re not adequately informed when it comes to insurance-related policies and differences.
Drawing a close to the ‘Everything You Need to Know About Insurance’ series, today’s episode will be a panel discussion, and we’re back with insurance specialists Dan Blatch and Jeremy Andison. In this episode, we will help you understand the differences and crossovers with the insurance policies we discussed in the first two episodes. We’ll also talk about the dynamics and relationships between different insurance coverages, insurers, and policies.
As tradies, we often overlook the importance of insurance, and I am sure this series is relevant for everyone in the industry. Don’t miss out and tune in to this jam-packed episode!
For other stories on insurance and compensation, check out these episodes:
- TSS051 – What Is OH&S? – [LINK]
- TSS157 – Spending Your Money Wisely – [LINK]
- TSS165 – Moving Forward After An Incident – [LINK]
About this podcast, ‘Everything You Need to Know About Insurance Panel Discussion’
- 08:17 – The value of having a specialist to help lay the minefield on claims
- 15:14 – Conditions and exclusions that apply depending on the insurance coverage
- 17:39 – The natural filter point
- 21:34 – Where is the starting point in getting the right insurance?
- 22:41 – What are the things you could do in advance before taking the insurance policy?
- 29:11 – Building an insurance package and tailoring it to best suit a client’s situation
- 32:24 – Always provide a record of what might be stolen or damaged
- 34:40 – Why should you talk to an insurance broker?
- 34:56 – What is a quality contract?
Here’s a quick recap of this series: first, we discussed the importance of life insurance and income protection. Then in the second episode, we talked about the general side of insurance concerning your workers’ compensation. Finally, in this panel discussion, we tackled a few of the crossovers in those policies.
Today, we tackled some of the crossovers that might get mixed up when communicating between different insurance brokers. It also explains the importance of having brokers, especially with something as complex as insurance. Some avoid them because of the costs, but with brokers, you’re getting the right help and the coverage you need.
This episode wraps up our comprehensive insurance series. We tried our best to cover all angles of insurance in this series. If there’s something we missed or if you need clarifications, head over to our Facebook community, and we’ll try our best to answer those questions for you. I hope that the insights you gained from this series will be of great help for yourself, your business, as well as your family.
About Our Guests
Dan Blatch is the director of IMFG. Dan is a specialist risk insurance adviser who is an expert in providing advice to individuals and business owners on matters of cash flow and asset protection. In his 12 years of experience, he has managed more than 6M AUD in claims, having worked at insurers such as QBE Group and AXA Australia.
Jeremy Andison is the director account manager of Intertrade Insurance Solutions. With over 150 years of combined experience, the brokerage assists their clients with the claims they have with their insurance company.
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: