Successful companies do not just earn tons of money, they also know how to keep their employees. In today’s workplace, employees coming in and going out seems like a norm when it should not. Your employees are a vital part of your company and contribute a lot to your success, if they are leaving you every now and then it’s high time to evaluate your practices and implement ways to make them stay.
In this third and final episode of this ‘Creating an Amazing Employee experience’ I talk with Erica and Stephen of Power Selling Pros. We delve into practices that successful companies implement to retain their employees. We also discuss why a company culture that is designed with intention is important for your company and the people who work for you and many more.
There are a lot of amazing takeaways from this episode that you’ll learn a lot from as a business owner. Tune in now!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
0:00 Offer & Introduction
1:59 Retention starts with the job application experience
5:46 Recruiting is a marketing exercise
6:34 Money isn’t the only reason employees stay
7:58 Creating opportunities for your employees
9:29 Give your employees a clear direction
10:34 Let your employees know that they’re valuable
14:23 A good onboarding is essential
16:34 Designing your company culture with intention
17:59 The struggle of ongoing training
18:24 A training calendar
22:30 Processes are important
24:26 Important points to remember
About the Guest:
Stephen Dale is an established business coach and mentor in the industry. He worked as a home service operations manager for 18 years—amassing various notes, information, and processes on managing a business effectively. In the past three years, he has been Power Selling Pros’ director of training, helping hundreds of companies figure out ways to run their business procedures faster and more efficiently.
Erica Leonor is a professional customer service coach and sales trainer. Her extensive knowledge of leadership mechanics, customer approach, and cultural awareness has helped her identify the needs of different organizations. She is regarded as a Master Jedi Trainer at Power Selling Pros, providing practical solutions to business problems. As a motivational speaker, Erica aims to make the journey towards success for business owners an easier route.
- Come and visit my website at (https://www.thesiteshed.com/)
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.thesiteshed.com/podcasts/)
- Tradie Web Guys (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/apply)
- Power Selling Pros Website (https://www.powersellingpros.com)
- Reach Stephen Dale through his email at [email protected]
- Reach Erica Leonor through her email at [email protected]
- Listen to Part 1 and 2 of this series
- TSS 279: Why Your Employee Experience Probably Sucks (https://www.thesiteshed.com/blog/employee-experience-1)
- TSS 280: What’s Your Purpose? (https://www.thesiteshed.com/blog/employee-experience-2)
- Check out this podcast with David Jenyns – TSS 267: Don’t Believe the Myth! Systems Remove Creativity (https://www.thesiteshed.com/blog/david-jenyns-3)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Systemology by David Jenyns (https://amzn.to/34kxRMT)
- Atomic Habits by James Clear (https://amzn.to/3nDR2r3)
- The Perfect Day Formula Craig Ballantyne (https://amzn.to/3oVypjV)
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: