With the internet changing people’s ideas about entrepreneurship over the years, millions saw opportunities in starting their own business—most notably in the small business sector. How many of them pulled through? And in between the height of their business and the brink of closing down, do they ever get to measure the ‘shoulda-woulda-couldas’ towards becoming better businessmen? Starting a business is one thing. Managing it is another.
But management doesn’t mean you look after every part of the business yourself. We have process-organising and systemisation for that. Most business owners know that not systemising is costly but just haven’t given it the importance it so deserved. So what’s the true cost of the failure or point-blank refusal to systemise? That’s what we’ll talk about in our first episode of the SYSTEMology – Create Time, Reduce Errors And Scale Your Profits series, with our guest, the author himself, David Jenyns.
Learn more about the consequences of saying “No” to systemising your business by tuning in to this podcast!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- The importance of building a business that works and grows without you [07:08]
- You are the business, that is, until you change something [08:17]
- Recognizing opportunities and changes [11:02]
- Conquer challenging situations through standing by your system
- Snakes and Ladders: Playing business by the steps or ten in advance [12:44]
- Take the opportunity to grow (the business) without being too “involved” [13:49]
- Business is about systems [15:25]
- Focus on what you do best as a businessman [15:46]
- Don’t try to quantify the cost of not systemising—you can’t [16:19]
- Instead, quantify opportunities for improvement [17:02]
- Systemise by chunks [18:32]
- Business giants can systemise—so can you [19:50]
- You don’t have to be McDonald’s to apply a system that works [20:44]
- Complicating is far from organising [20:52]
- Simplify [21:31]
About the Guest:
In 2016, David successfully systemised himself out of his business, one of Australia’s most trusted digital agencies, melbourneSEOservices.com. Through this process he became a systems devotee–founding systemHUB & SYSTEMology. Today, his mission is to free all business owners worldwide from the daily operations of running their business.
With two books to his name and the SYSTEMology movement, David offers mission-centered systemising to scale up businesses and take away much of the pressure that comes with being an entrepreneur.
- Come visit my website at (https://www.thesiteshed.com/)
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.thesiteshed.com/podcasts/)
- Tradie Web Guys (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/apply)
- Follow our Facebook community ‘The Site Shed’ for announcements on how you can avail our book getaway of David Jenyns’ book SYSTEMology: Create time, reduce errors and scale your profits with proven business systems
- Get the book at Amazon – https://amzn.to/34kxRMT
- Check out SYSTEMology (https://www.systemology.com/)
- Business Process Simplified with Dave Jenyns (https://www.systemhub.com/podcast/)
- Follow Dave Jenyns on Twitter (@davidjenyns)
- Reach out to Dave through his email ([email protected])
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: