Claiming your real estate
Over the years, many a time I have come across situations where clients and colleagues have been stuck in a position where someone else has set up an account, or registered a domain that belonged to them by name.
Not only is this a pain in the behind, it’a also potentially quite costly. Imagine if you had some dodgy business running around with a website that’s your business name. This podcast is about how you can go about protecting yourself from those scenarios.
- Do you have your business name registered?
- Have you got registered trading names?
- Have you secured your domains?
- Have you secured domains that are close to yours?
- Have you secured your facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+, Pintrest, Youtube accounts?
By doing this, you can prevent others from getting hold of them.
Sure you may never use half of them, however at least if you own them, then someone else cannot come along and take them from under you.
Hopefully this episode encourages you to get out there and claim your real estate.