Have you ever experienced recruiting somebody only to fire them after three weeks? This is a great waste of resources on your part and downright frustrating and exhausting too. But, what if you can change that cycle and find efficient ways to bring people in who are willing to stay for the long haul, join you in your business journey and excited about the destination of your company?
In this second episode of the Creative Recruiting series, Ryan and I will discuss the little ecosystem he has created which has greatly impacted many businesses, particularly in their recruitment process. We will also talk about how employees impact your profit, the importance of the employee perspective in your business, and why core values dictate the direction of your company.
Join us now as we delve deeply into the recruitment process.
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- Automation in business [03:25]
- Hiring process should not be rushed [04:25]
- Using the core fit hiring model [06:33]
- Establish your company’s vision first [07:10]
- Core values do not change [08:54]
- Importance of having core values and a clear vision for the brand [11:04]
- Your values and story affect how people talk about your company [13:08]
- The Find Process [17:56]
- Job modelling [18:06]
- The 360 marketing plan [21:13]
- Automate through applicant tracking systems [22:19]
- Hiring process of the recruitment engine [25:48]
- Testing for behavior not for skills [27:00]
- Setting and following the predetermined expectations [28:11]
- The Onboarding process [31:14]
- Compliance vs transition period [31:23]
- 2-4-12 launch method [32:42]
- Investing time and engaging with employees matters [34:51]
- Assessment of the process [36:25]
About the Guest:
Ryan Englin is the CEO of Core Matters, an organisation focused on developing the recruitment systems and processes of different businesses. With over ten years of professional experience in the field, Ryan has provided strategic and marketing assistance to different companies. He coaches businesses on the right ways of attracting the right people, and has created unique approaches to develop and maintain systems for independent contractors in the industry. Ryan aims to help companies find the perfect fit in their growing team of professionals.
- Come and visit my website at (https://www.thesiteshed.com/)
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.thesiteshed.com/podcasts/)
- Tradie Web Guys (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/apply)
- The Core Matters Website (https://thecorematters.com/)
- Reach Ryan through email ([email protected])
- GoHire Website (https://gohire.io/)
- CareerPlug Website (https://www.careerplug.com/)
- Listen to the first part of the series
- Part 1: The Recruitment Attraction Model (https://www.thesiteshed.com/blog/ryan-englin-1)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Unmasked: How to Hire the Ones You Won’t Want to Fire by Ryan Englin and Jeremy Macliver (https://www.amazon.com/Unmasked-Hire-Ones-Wont-Want-ebook/dp/B088XZFK2F)
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: