The recruitment space is always evolving and moving towards different goals. As a business owner, it is important to attract talented people to be part of your team. Hence, improving your recruitment, onboarding, and retaining processes is essential if you want to build a team that is going to help take your business to the next level.
In this first episode of a three-part series called Creative Recruiting, I will be joined by Ryan Englin, the CEO of Core Matters. Ryan and I will be discussing how attracting the right people to join your team creates a difference, how company branding influences your systems, and how motivators help your recruitment processes. Importantly, we will be focusing on why recruiting people with the right attitude helps your business.
So, join us today and learn the tricks and strategies to win the attention of talented folks looking for jobs out there!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- The interest for better recruitment processes [04:29]
- The bread and butter of Core Matters [07:43]
- Introducing a career path is more rewarding than just a job position [10:22]
- What companies need to remember [12:20]
- Responding swiftly to potentiality excellent workers matters [12:55]
- Businesses should be attractive to attract good people [13:46]
- Using the right processes of qualifying makes the hiring process easier [15:17]
- Qualifications of someone you want in your business [16:20]
- Employer branding affects your recruitment process [18:51]
- The things that attracts potential employees [23:17]
- Specific company purposes drive the modern workforce [23:38]
- Non-monetary rewards for accomplishments [25:59]
- Values-driven employee referral program [26:42]
- Placing motivators in your recruitment process [28:55]
- Using outcome-based measurements or metrics [32:35]
- Systems help businesses grow [33:13]
- Difference between managing people and managing systems [34:19]
- Getting results through changing your approach in the process [35:21]
About the Guest:
Ryan Englin is the CEO of Core Matters, an organisation focused on developing the recruitment systems and processes of different businesses. With over ten years of professional experience in the field, Ryan has provided strategic and marketing assistance to different companies. He coaches businesses on the right ways of attracting the right people, and has created unique approaches to develop and maintain systems for independent contractors in the industry. Ryan aims to help companies find the perfect fit in their growing team of professionals.
- Come and visit my website at (https://www.thesiteshed.com/)
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.thesiteshed.com/podcasts/)
- Tradie Web Guys (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/apply)
- The Core Matters Website (https://thecorematters.com/)
- Reach Ryan through email ([email protected])
- ProScan is a device developed by Professional DynaMetric Programs, Inc. (PDP) (https://www.pdpglobal.com/)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…and Others Don’t – James C. Collins (https://amzn.to/3kJul3q)
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: