So, is ‘meditation’ for hippies, or high functioning operators?
- Guest – Luke Shipley
- From – 100 Meditators – Instagram
Like listening to powerful mindset and self-help related podcasts? Here are a few we’ve recorded in the past.
- From A-B with Stephen Scoggins
- General Health and Wellness
- Fit for work
- Managing depression
- Managing Guilt
- Mental Health For Tradies part one
- Mental Health For Tradies part two
- 04:01 – an introduction to meditation
- 08:31 – yoga
- 11:14 – overcoming the noise in your head
- 12:31 – gym training as meditation
- 17:46 – creating a daily habit
- 19:45 – meditation can improve your relationships
- 23:16 – stigma and science
- 28:59 – become less reactive
- 36:05 – 6 deep breaths
- 39:00 – Pros and cons of apps
SURF & LEARN 2019
AUGUST 7 – 17
Limited spots. Don’t miss the boat!
About this podcast, ‘Fine Tuning Your Focus Using Meditation’
I’m not new to meditation. Over the years, I’ve been exposed to mediation in different environments and in different scenarios. If I’m honest, I have always struggled with it. I have never felt ‘good at it’ and in every instance so far, I have given up, which pisses me off even more.
Regardless, I appreciate how important meditation is and over the years, I feel that I have refined my method of meditation to suit my personality. You see, meditation can be different for everyone and different methods will best suit different people.
I was pleased to have that confirmed in this podcast with Luke. As someone that has been practising meditation for 20 years, he has a realistic perspective on mediation, the stigma, the reality and the various applications.
If you’re like me and would love to learn how to apply mediation to your life, then this podcast should help you.
I’ve resided to the fact that I’m probably never going to be the guy that sits under a tree, cross-legged and practices meditation. However, what I now know is that I don’t have to. If you resonate with that, then you and I are on an ‘enlightened’ path.