Public speaking is said to be one of the most feared things by people. Who knew that the camera can cause so much fear? But creating your content involves you putting your face out there and talking because you carry your brand and your business.
In Part 3 of our ‘Mastering storytelling’ series, Dan and Dani from The Block and Healthy Homes Australia are back once more. For many tradies thinking of making content, being in front of the camera is a major worry. What if I don’t look good? What if I sound awful? These are some of the questions they have. Dan and Dani are here to help our listeners overcome their fears and get their content done.
The camera is just a black device. So relax and trust in yourself. If you need tips to getting more comfortable on camera, this episode is exactly what you need.
- Come and visit my website at (https://www.thesiteshed.com/)
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.thesiteshed.com/podcasts/)
- Tradie Web Guys (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/apply)
- Get more teachings about content creation at Tradiematepro (https://www.tradiematepro.com.au/)
What’s Discussed In This Episode:
- Dan’s experience getting comfortable in front of the camera [02:59]
- Getting over the hurdle and your ego [08:42]
- Using scripts to avoid screwing up [10:00]
- Knowing your value and what you bring to the table [13:15]
- Putting people at ease [16:32]
- Challenge for all podcast listeners [21:53]
About Our Guests
Dan Reilly and Dani Wales are co-founders of Red Door Project, a construction company based in Melbourne, Australia. Both became recognised personalities in the home interior industry after becoming the “Power Couple” on The Block. They have also been featured on Healthy Homes Australia. Their renovated “Block” houses in both South Melbourne and Bondi have been widely acclaimed as stylish and beautifully resolved.
Having come on board as Personal Branding Experts at Tradiematepro, Dan and Dani are flying the flag when it comes to content and branding.
If you want to get to know more about them, check out Ep. 234 – Celebrity Tradies Dan and Dani from The Block and Healthy Homes Australia.
Take on our challenge and post a content video you made on our Facebook group. Don’t forget to tag me, Dan, and Dani.
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: