How you communicate your story is just as important as the story itself. To tradies, their day-to-day tasks are just part of their job, but this is actually interesting information to potential customers. What you say and how you can say it can be the deciding factor between you and your competitor.
This week, we have the second episode in the Building Trust and Rapport by Becoming a Great Storyteller series. We invited Story Sales Machine’s Bill Mueller to continue where we left off and talk about the importance of engaging your customers. Specifically, he talks about the importance of knowing the deeper meaning behind their need for your service. He also suggested a framework that will help you get an insight of their behavior and how to produce content based on that. We also tackle how to make an appropriate call to action and landing page.
Tune in to today’s episode!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
0:00 The Elevation Program
3:58 Other people are interested in your story even if it seems boring to you
5:46 Sharing information builds trust and rapport
9:35 Start identifying what the customers’ pain points are
12:49 Design a strategy with different depths
16:13 Talk less about who you are and more on what you can deliver
16:47 How to engage customers on a deeper level
20:20 Understand and work through customers’ problems
21:59 Reengagement campaigns
24:44 The post-it note method
30:34 Call to Action
32:54 Your CTA could be too generic
33:54 What journey do you want to take after clicking the CTA
38:07 Summary of the episode
About the Guest:
Bill Mueller prides himself on helping entrepreneurs, coaches, and consultants sell more and sell better with this simple approach: People love stories, therefore, use stories to communicate and sell. He has been writing story-based emails and email sequences since 2005 which is impressive in internet years and has since sold millions in digital and physical products, coaching programs, and more in just about every niche.
- Tradie Web Guys ‘automation’ – (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/automation/)
- Tradie Web Guys Elevation Program – (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/elevation/)
- Tradie Web Guys’ Apply (qualification) page (https://www.tradiewebguys.com.au/apply/)
- The Site Shed (https://www.thesiteshed.com/)
- Check out Bill and The Story Sales Machine – (https://www.storysalesmachine.com)
- Access The Story Sales Machine offer (https://www.storysalesmachine.com/get-it-now)
- Listen to the previous podcast in this series
- Episode 294: Why Your Story Matters More than Ever (https://www.thesiteshed.com/bill-1)
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: