While a vision is made to point to your dreams, to your sunrise, the mission statement helps you move towards that sunrise. It is what you need to make your vision happen.
This podcast episode is the second installment of our series Taking Aim With Vision, Mission, And Values with Barry Magliarditi. Barry shares the framework he uses in his own companies to create a mission statement. He discusses its importance and the role it plays in reaching the vision. But more than these, he encourages viewers and listeners to take the time to sit down and create it.
Tune in to this episode and get valuable insights about the mission statement you can surely use in your trades business.
What’s Discussed In This Episode:
0:00 The Opportunity Assessment
3:08 A recap of the previous episode
8:49 What we need to understand about a mission
10:43 What the mission creates
11:36 The danger of not having a mission
12:36 Drawing a line between what we want and what’s most important to us
14:49 There is motivation when we live life with the connection to our heart’s deepest desire
15:39 Reengineering a path through your vision
18:42 Immediate gratification is limiting you and your business
19:40 What our mission statement should communicate
21:44 Setting our mission is the stepping stones towards the vision
23:39 Be specific with your mission statement
27:13 The path to freedom framework in creating the mission statement
About Our Guest
Barry Magliarditi is the founder and director of business coaching juggernaut, The Game Changers. Having built a 7-figure kitchen renovation business in his previous life as a carpenter, Barry has first-hand knowledge of the priorities and pressures of trades business owners. Today Barry brings his coaching expertise and business know-how to help other tradies build the business – and lifestyle – of their dreams.
- The Opportunity Assessment (FREE GIVEAWAY FOR A LIMITED TIME) https://tradie.wiki/grow
- Join a global community of 6000+ trade professionals https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSiteShed
- Visit Barry’s website to learn more about what he offers https://tradiebusinessschool.com/
- Check out the Tradie Business School Podcast https://tradiebusinessschool.com/podcast/
- Listen to the previous podcast episodes with Barry Magliarditi
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Get the free downloadable PDF of Barry’s book Path to Freedom https://www.pathtofreedom.com.au/freebook
- Traction by Gino Wickman https://amzn.to/3rkX6Z1
- Measure What Matters by John Doerr https://amzn.to/3kSXEST
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Site Shed: You can also listen to The Site Shed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this podcast and this series, please take 5 to leave us a review: